Secret Agent

I'm working from home right now. And YES, I was actually working. This blog is a much needed break right before I get dressed to go running at the HS track. So, anyway...


I've been playing secret agent trying to figure out what is going on in our culdesaq with the water guys. I know I could probably walk out there and just ask, but how do you think these men would react to frumpy "housewife" still in pjs at 11AM? Good grief - I'm still in my slippers and you should see the state of my hair. Fortunately, I don't mind that much as I consider pjs and nightmare hair as one of those perks of working at home.




Little do they know that my work is superbly important to the universe. I am saving the world by saving energy just a little at a time...of course, all they would see is my huggy kissy pj bottoms and old slippers. Their minds would be immediately made up that I am not someone to be reckoned with. I'd hate to have to come up with some kind of revenge tactic like letting the air out of their truck tires or some other juvenile act.


So, in secret agent mode I check out the gigantic hole they cut in the street and watch the water spilling out. unfortunately for all you...the photo doesn't do it justice because its also garbage day and that darn trash can from my neighbor is in the way.


I must say...they don't exactly look hard at work do they?




The secret agent has left the building.

PS...does that picture make my ankles look fat?

*****Edited at 11:29AM*****
Waiting has ended. They came to me. "Ma'am, (still can't get over the fact that I'm old enough to be called ma'am) we need to shut your water off from 1-2pm." With my superb skills as interrogator I learn that the pipe did not break, but rusted through. Will most likely be done with repairs today, but he doesn't know how long it will take for them to fill the hole and asphalt over the top. My work here is done.

I wonder if they came to me because they saw me peeking out the windows?...

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
GiF Pictures, Images and Photos