Light a candle...

Light a candle until they all come home...

Today I opened up my email to find (at my last count) the 15th Fallen Dragoon message from our rear detachment commander.

Fifteen soldiers who have died in the past 10 months...

Today's email hit me so hard.  In two and 1/2 months these soldiers come home.  I'm sure this soldier thought he was nearly done....headed home...in the last stretch.  I'm sure of that because thats what I have been thinking and feeling.  They're almost home!  We're nearly done!

But the reality is that its 2 1/2 more months and anything can happen.

And as I read that email message and considered the life of this young soldier I couldn't help but cry for him and his family.

Just say a little extra prayer for our soldiers tonight. 

And if you have an extra 20 minutes to spare...these moving tributes of fallen soldiers everywhere can really put into perspective how much they gave...








0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
GiF Pictures, Images and Photos