How do you teach....

a kid to think about other people?  My parents did it with service projects.  Whether we wanted to or not we learned how to behave politely.  We volunteered at church and at old folk's homes and for our neighbors and friends...  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find anything like that around here that would work for us...

I know she's only seven, but by that age a child should be able to use proper manners - please, thank you, you're welcome and excuse me....not to mention the words I'm sorry.  Instead we get, "I want..."  "You make me..."  "move it..."  "I...I...I...I...I...."

And it seems no matter how hard I try and get her to understand how to be polite I feel like I'm talking to the "nothingness..."

Am I expecting too much from age 7?  I know its a learning process and I have to remember that its even MORE of a learning process for her because the past 8 months are the first time anyone has ever required polite speech and actions...

I'm feeling the like the wicked stepmom with how much she's in trouble these days.  I just wish we didn't always have to hit rock bottom for her to figure it out and move back up toward a peaceful existence...

**sigh**

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
GiF Pictures, Images and Photos