SharePoint 2007 Limitations complete list

There are so many posts in the Internet describes about this. But, there is no place where I found all at once. So, I am planning to keep this post up to date with whatever I find. If I miss anything then please add here or let me know. That will be a great help.
  1. SharePoint maximum limitations 
  2. Performance limits 
  3. Scaling limits 
I think, the above three posts covers most of them. But, below are some of the things which we need to consider as well.
  1. Unsupported characters: These characters are not allowed in SharePoint or WSS /\:*?"<>|#{}%&~ or tab characters and multiple periods.
  2. File or folder names with Trailing spaces: File or folder names in SharePoint or WSS won't support any trailing spaces.
  3. File and folder names length: File or folder names longer than 255 characters will not be allowed.
  4. Number of columns limitation in a list:
  • 64 text fields, including the following field types: Single line of text, Choice, Hyperlink, or Picture.
  • 16 Lookup fields
  • 16 Date and Time fields
  • 16 Yes/No fields
  • 32 Number and Currency fields
  • 32 Multiple lines of text fields 

I believe these are enough for a SharePoint architect to get good idea on limitations of SharePoint. Hope these helps and please update me if you find any.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
GiF Pictures, Images and Photos