Happy Veteran's Day!

Today is one of those holidays that I think is often glossed over.  Most of the USA doesn't get the day off work or school and so its not a "real holiday" in that sense.

But, when you really think about it...Veteran's Day is like the sister holiday to the 4th of July - we wouldn't have our independence without the veterans.

So, just a little shout out to all the people in my life that have served our country...

My grandpa in WW2
Freedom is never free.
-Unknown


My grandpa-in law in WW2
More powerful than the will to win is the courage to begin.
-Unknown

My dad
We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.
-Cynthia Ozick

My father-in law
I think there is one higher office than president and I would call that patriot.
-Gary Hart
 

My step-brother
This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave
-Elmer Davis
 


 
 My husband
I Miss You

I miss you in the morning,
I miss you late at night,
But I know what you are doing
Is good and just and right.

You’re always in my thoughts;
I hope that you can see
I’m proud of you for serving
Our country, God, and me.

And when you’re home again
I won’t miss you anymore,
But I’ll always admire your courage
For fighting in this war.

-Joanna Fuchs

Thank you.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
GiF Pictures, Images and Photos